- ERM SOLUTION
- Capital Planning Solution
- Strategic Planning Solution
- About Us
Webinar: How Does Basel III Impact Your Bank? – Receive A Customized Capital Impact Report
Have you assessed the likely impact of Basel III on your bank should the rules be adopted? Have you modeled the specific financial impact on your capital?
Webinar: Sorry you missed our last webinar, check back for new dates and times coming soon!
The impact of these proposed rules on a typical community bank will be significant, including:
- Generally higher capital requirements.
- Reduced ability to leverage capital thereby reducing shareholder rates of return.
- Capital levels more directly tied to relative credit risk exposure.
- Increased volatility of regulatory capital relating to changes in interest rates and deteriorating asset quality.
- Limits on dividends and discretionary executive bonus payouts if capital is not adequately conserved.
- Increased administrative burden and costs.
- Additional pressure on community banks to consolidate as a result of all the above.
Two of the NPR’s (Notices of Proposed Rulemaking) have broad applicability to all U.S. financial institutions regardless of size, with the exception of small bank holding companies (assets of less than $500 million). Those two NPR’s are:
- The “Basel III” NPR – Would generally revise regulatory capital definitions and minimums and introduce a new regulatory capital component called Common Equity Tier 1 and a new concept called a Capital Conservation Buffer.
- The “Standardized Approach” NPR – would revise certain methodologies relating to risk-weighting of assets and the risk-based capital rules.
The Impact of Proposed Basel III Capital Rules on Your Community Bank, presented via a 90 minute Webinar, is not only designed to provide critical insights on Basel III impact, but also to provide you with a customized report that reflects the specific impact of the rules on your capital.
|Who should attend?||Community bank senior executives (CEO, President, CFO, COO, CCO, CRO) and directors or those who are involved with capital analysis and reporting|
|Speakers||Presenting on this topic is Kent Fisher, partner at the firm of Vavrinek, Trine Day and Co. LLP, Laguna Hills CA. Kent serves as audit partner for financial institutions ranging in size from $50 million to $1 billion. Kent speaks and writes frequently on this topic, including several articles for CB Journal.
Also presenting is Bob Adkins, CFO of CB Resource, Inc. Bob is a CPA and currently oversees the financial and regulatory services of CBR, prior to joining CBR Bob held positions as both President and CEO and Chief Financial Officers in the community bank industry for over 30 years.
|Moderator||Jeff Rigsby, President & CEO of CB Resource, Inc. Prior to forming CBR, Jeff held senior executive positions in several public banking institutions.|
Sorry you missed our last webinar, check back for new dates and times coming soon!