About this Webinar
After recently completing AICPA’s 17-hour certification program for COSO, I was struck by the scarcity of any substantive pragmatic advice for implementing COSO / FDICIA / SOX. Since the COSO guidance is not bank specific, few examples apply. Additionally, one receives COSO certification without ever learning about, from a practical standpoint, scope, significance, control and risk articulation and testing. My experience with the certification program begs the addition of this follow-on “how to”. – David Sidon, CPA
This is a practical workshop designed (at an “expert-owner” level) for CFOs, Controllers, CROs, and Audit Managers of banks over $1 billion in assets, already compliant, looking for a more practical approach and scope.
Webinar will include:
- For larger institutions, the benefits of a COSO “refresh” re-scoping
- The cost of testing – opportunity to be a budget-hero
- Putting “mapping” first, not last – COSO principles and financial linkage as the starting point; table of contents
- Review of a sample set of Excel COSO matrices
- Review of a COSO “narrative” matching management assertions with COSO’s 17 principles and 87 focus points
- Questions throughout
2:00 PM EST
David B. Sidon, CPA Navis Partners, LLC and hosted by Jeffrey A. Rigsby, President & CEO of CB resource, Inc.
Who Should Attend
Community bank directors and senior executives (CEO, President, CFO, COO, CCO, CRO, Compliance Officer, Audit Managers).