About CB Top Ten™
The report analyzes community bank performance in five asset groups ($0M – $100M, $100M – $250M, $250M – $500M, $500M – $1B, and $1B – $5B) and two corporate groups, C Corp and Sub S Corp. For each peer group the report includes a listing in alphabetical order of the community banks falling within the top ten percent of their group and a Scorecard ranking those community banks based upon their composite scores.
The purpose of the CB Top Ten™ is to provide a comparative summary, by peer group, of the Top Ten Percent of community banks based upon key performance indicators, selected by CB Resource.
- Peer Groups: The report analyzes community bank performance in five asset groups ($0M – $100M, $100M – $250M, $250M – $500M, $500M – $1B, and $1B – $5B) and two corporate groups, C Corp and Sub S Corp.
- Key Indicators: Indicators include: asset growth (AG), return on average assets (ROAA), return on average equity (ROAE), net interest margin (NIM), efficiency ratio (ER), non-performing assets (NPA’s), non-interest-bearing deposits (NIBD), and non-interest income (NII).
- Ranking: Aggregates bank performance within key indicator categories and force ranks the banks based on their collective performance in all categories.
- Executive Summary: Summarizes key indicators by asset class and corporate structure.
- Top Ten Percent: Lists the top ten percent of community banks within each asset category and corporate structure.
- Frequency: Produced quarterly and annually.
Key Benefits (Why Banks Use This Tool)
- Benchmarking: Provides community bankers with targeted information to benchmark their performance versus the top ten within their asset size and corporate structure.
- Strategic Planning: Provides industry performance information that reflects indicators that can support value creation.
- Communication: Exceptional tool to communicate industry performance to Board of Directors and management team.
- Branding: If your bank is within the top ten percent, information is suitable for investors, new and existing customers.